- Manually add individual products
- Import product via CVS
- Product sync from integrated sales channel
For adding product variant, see product variant
Manually adding individual products
You can manually add your products to EMERGE App if you are not selling on any integrated sales channel.
There are two types of product which you can add:
- Physical Product
- Service Product
Physical Products are merchandise, apparel, and other physical goods you sell and ship to customers.
To add a product
- Click on Products > Products on the main navigation panel
- On the listing page, click on + New Product and select Add New Product in the drop down menu to begin adding your product.
- Fill up the necessary fields and click Save on the top right corner. The new product will be displayed on the product listing page.
Mandatory fields are marked with ‘*’.
Product Name (required) – Specify the name of your product.
Item Code – The unique code of your product, this is usually the SKU number. This code must be unique for every product.
Categories – Multiple categories can be assigned to each individual product. Products can be filtered by their categories in the product listing page.
Brand – Specify the brand of your product if applicable. Products can be filtered by their brand in the product listing page.
Tags – Tag attributes can be used as filters in the product listing page advanced search feature, multiple tags are allowed for a single product.
Product Variants – Determine if the product comes in different attributes such as different colors or sizes
See Product Variants
- Purchase Price: The default cost price of the product. When adding a new purchase order, the purchase price of the product will be auto populated when selected.
- Selling Price: The default selling price of the product. When adding a new sales order, the selling price of the product will be auto populated when selected.
Customer Price – Different product selling price can be set for each individual customer.
Customer Group Price – Different product selling price can be set for each customer group.
- Stock Item: Determine if product is accountable in your inventory
- Batch Item: Determine if product is sold in batches (e.g. pharmaceutical drugs / medicines)
- Taxable: Determine if tax is applicable to your product
Suppliers – Specify the supplier(s) that carries this product
Default Location and Section – When creating transactions such as delivery order or stock receive, the default location and section will be auto populated. This value will take precedence over the default Location in the app settings.
Existing Stock – Available item quantity in your warehouse location
- Stock on hand: Available item quantity in your warehouse location
- Initial cost price: item cost price
Unit of Measurement – Products can be sold in different units.
- Base UOM: The lowest selling unit. (e.g. You create a product call ‘Delicious Biscuit’ with a Selling Price of ‘$2.50’ and enter ‘Box’ into the Base UOM field. This determines that the lowest selling unit is 1 box.)
- Additional UOM: Additional UOM can be added. (e.g. ‘Carton’, ‘12’ and $50 are entered into the UOM, Value and Selling Price fields.)
In the above scenario, 2 different units will be available for selling:
- 1 Box of ‘Delicious Biscuit’ @ $2.50 Selling Price
- 1 Carton (Containing 12 boxes of ‘Delicious Biscuit’) @ $50 Selling Price
Service products are essentially products with the exclusion of stock inventory. E.g. of services includes air conditioning servicing, hardware installation, computer troubleshooting services…etc Physical Product and Service can co-exist in your Sales Order.