Note: apply to Standard shipments only
Consider manually creating shipment when you are required to perform the following:
- Partial shipment
In any circumstance when not all goods can be delivered, perhaps due to short of stocks or delivery is intended to to be split, you may create a partial shipment manually. (You may also create a full shipment manually as well).
- Packing multiple sales orders into a single shipment
In a manually created shipment, you are able to include more than 1 sales order from the same customer into a single delivery. This comes in handy when a buyer makes several purchases in the span of a few hours or days. You can then choose to deliver the goods in one trip hence needing to create only a single shipment, packing the goods from all sales orders into it.
See Selecting items for delivery below.
To add a shipment manually:
- Click Fulfillment on the main navigation panel > Shipment (Standard)
- On the listing page, click on New Shipment
Fill up the necessary fields and click Save. The new shipment will be displayed on listing page.
Customer (required) – The customer to issue the delivery order to.
Shipping address – If you have stored a customer’s address info, it will be populated automatically. You may overwrite the populated address. You can enter it manually address is present.
Remarks – Additional description for the sales order
Tags – Tag attributes can be used as filters in the shipment listing page advanced search feature, multiple tags are allowed for a single delivery order.
Shipment Method – Specify the delivery method(e.g. Air Freight). You may add new shipment method by clicking Add at the bottom right corner of the drop down list.
Shipment Terms – Specify the delivery terms(e.g. FOB / EXW). You may create new shipment terms by clicking Add at the bottom right corner of the drop down list.
Selecting items for delivery
- Under the ADD ITEMS tab, select the sales order(s) (Only sales orders from the selected customer will be selectable) which the good(s) are to be delivered from the sales order drop down list. All items from the selected sales order will be listed, select the ones you are delivering.
- Under the SELECTED ITEMS tab, specify the following:
- Location – The stock location where the good(s) will depart from to your customer’s location.
- Batch (If applicable) – The batch of the stock(s).
- Qty – The quantity delivered.